Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Parmesan Garlic Tilapia

 
I must say that this is one of my favorite tilapia recipes I've made in a long time!  I think it has worked its way up to a top spot already and this is the first time I made it!  There was just something about the perfect crunchy texture...and the delicious garlic and parmesan flavors.  So much like others before it, yet so very, very different!

You will notice that I have listed 1 tablespoon of grated parmesan cheese and 1/4 cup finely shredded parmesan cheese...this is not a mistake.  I had the grated Kraft in a container kind of parmesan that I wanted to use up.. so I used both types, you could just stick with the shredded parmesan if you want and leave the grated stuff out all together, it's not going to hurt dish either way.

Parmesan Garlic Tilapia
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
2 cloves of garlic, skin removed and cut in half
1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
1 Tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
1/4 cup finely shredded parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
4 tilapia fillets

Directions:
In a food processor, finely mince the garlic.  Add the panko and process for 3 seconds.  Add the grated parmesan if using and pulse 3 times.  Pour into a small bowl and add the shredded parmesan, salt, and pepper.  Stir to combine.

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.  Spray a backing dish with non-stick cooking spray.  Rinse fillets and pat dry.  Season both sides of each fillet and place in prepared baking dish.  Spread the parmesan/panko mixture evenly over each fillet.  Place in oven and bake for 12-14 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a fork and the top is golden brown.  Enjoy!


One Year Ago:  Birthday Weekend Part Two - Stuffed Chicken Breasts

15 comments:

Bo said...

Love the crispy panko crust!

Big Dude said...

Garlic, parmesan, panko - has to be good

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

Garlic & parmesan, really what more do you need? Its really pretty on the plate. I love how crispy it look, too, you know its gonna be tasty!

egbkid said...

I love garlic and parmesan, i will have to get some tilapia and try this on the weekend! Thanks for sharing!!

Unknown said...

This is a definite winner... garlic, parmesan, crunchy crust, flaky fish... yup, definitely a winner. :)

Mary Bergfeld said...

I really like this combination. I'm also ready for some fish, so I'll have to try this. Have a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

Pam said...

I love this one! Tilapia is my favorite fish.

Cheeseboy said...

Tilapia is so underrated as a fish. Love the idea of parmesan tilapia. mmm

Cranberry Morning said...

I love parmesan and garlic. This looks delicious. Is there a talapia that is from the U.S. or is it all from China?

The Glamorous Gourmet said...

We love tilapia and make it about once a week. I look forward to trying this very yummy-sounding way of preparing it! Thanks for sharing - Cheers:)

Desi said...

Sounds like a keeper!

Kendra aka The Meanest Momma said...

I made this dish last night for the first time and it was a hit! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Unknown said...

Kendra, thank you for letting me know! I'm glad it turned out well :)

renee said...

4th time making it in the past 4 weeks! Lovvve it! Even my 5 and 8 yr old girls love it and they are picky eaters!

Unknown said...

Renee - thank you so much for letting me know! I love that your kids love it too.. always a good sign of a good recipe when you can get the kid approval!! Have a great day.