Search This Blog

Saturday, February 5, 2011

A Birthday Wish! (And a few other things)

I could not let the day go by without wishing the love of my life a happy birthday...

So, Chris, my love......
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
May your year be filled with lots of love, food, and much happiness!  You mean the world to me!  Thank you for all that you do and for all the love and support you give to me.  You are truly amazing!

To celebrate this wonderful day, I have a few special little things for the two of us to do.  Nothing too fancy or outrageous, just quality time together.  Tonight I'll be taking him out to eat - Chris is my dish washer, so I can't cook because I can't force him to do dishes on his birthday, and I really don't want to do dishes on his birthday... so it just makes sense!!  Don't worry, though, tomorrow I'll be making him his special request birthday dinner:  Chicken Fried Steak.  All in all, I will fill his birthday weekend with love and food....what more could a man ask for???


Now the few other things:
First, I want to send a huge thank you to Desi from Steak N Potatoes Kinda Gurl,  she graciously passed the Stylish Blogger Award on to me the other day.  I actually found Desi thanks to her finding my site :)  I'm glad she did find me, as I really like her blog.  As you are making your way through the blog world today, take a second to stop by and say hello her, I know she'll appreciate it!
Of course, as always, there are rules and of course, as always, you know I'm going to break them...and I'm sorry for that Desi...but that's how I roll sometimes.  The rule was to tell you all 7 things about myself that you might not know.  Well, I'm running out of secrets to share with you all so instead I'm going to share one thing with you and one thing only.  Here it is:  One of my absolute favorite songs to spin fire too:  Faster Kill Pussycat by Brittany Murphy (RIP).  I actually enjoy the version that Paul Oakenfold spins, but whatever, I still love it.  The video isn't the greatest, but the song ROCKS!!


So, there, you know a deep dark dirty secret about me...lol... ok, ok, it wasn't that deep nor that dark nor that much of a secret, but whatever.....that should hold you over for a while at least!!  I am also supposed to give this to like 14 other bloggers.  I always have such a hard time with that, so here's the deal...if you have a blog ....this award is for you!  Enjoy it, brag about it, whatever you want to do, just accept it and have a fantastic day!


Second on my list - If you are a woman and you like to grill, you MUST enter the 2nd Annual Women of the Grill Contest hosted by Date Night Doins and Barbequelovers.com.  You can check out all the info on it here.  Don't get fooled by the heading where it still says 1st annual... just keep reading and you'll see where it talks about the 2011 contest.  Go now...enter something yummy and grilled.... I dare you :)

Third - Earlier this week I was contacted by the Wholly Guacamole company.  They asked that I look at their new site Get Off The Ranch.com.  If you are interested, please take time to check it out it.  It's just a fun, informative, interactive site. Here's some really good news for some of you out there too... their products are all natural, gluten-free (Judy I know you are gonna like that!!), kosher, and vegan-friendly.  YAY!!

Well, I think that's it.. hope you all enjoy the rest of your weekend. I had planning on putting together a Supper Bowl idea post, but it was quite the crazy week and most of the posts for this week were ready before I even went to bed on Sunday.  :)  If you are still interested though...for those of you that are late planners....here are some of my favorite appetizer recipes that will be sure to make a big impression at any party:








Well, we are off to enjoy Chris' birthday weekend....see you on Monday!!  Ciao!

11 comments:

Yenta Mary said...

Oh, so much to cover here! First of all, HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Chris -- may all your dreams come true! Secondly, mazal tov and thanks on the award -- proud to show it off and give you credit. Thirdly, all that food is making me hungry -- been up for ages and still haven't had breakfast. And lastly, who on Earth would enter that grilling contest when we all know ***YOU*** are gonna win it??? :)

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

Happy birthday Chris!! May your meal be nut & cilantro free :) I'll have to check thru my archives & see if there's a contest worthy grilling post :) Congrats on the award Jenn!

Chris said...

Wait....it's not my birthday. Oh...wrong Chris ;)

Chef Dennis Littley said...

hi Jenn

I hope Chris had a great birthday, I'm sure you cooked him all of his favorites!
Your appetizers all look so good, I would love to be at the party you served them at.....
Good luck in your grilling contest!
Dennis

Mary Bergfeld said...

I hope you both enjoy his birthday dinner tonight. I hope you both can find something really special and delicious on the menu. Have a great weekend. Blessings...Mary

Martha said...

Happy Birthday Chris! Of course Jenn is the best gift you could ever get :-)

Angie's Recipes said...

Happy Birthday, Chris! You both look great on the photo! Jenn, how about using it as the new profile picture? ;-))

Unknown said...

Happy birthday Chris. You are one lucky man. I'm sure both of you had a great time. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Jessica said...

Sounds like he is going to have a great birthday! :-)

carmenpiva said...

I hope you two have enjoyed the meal out and the Chicken the following day and... everything else, and I wish you the same happiness the rest of the year too.
Congratulations to your husband!
xxxx :)

Desi said...

I'm a bit late, but happy birthday to your man! And congrats again on your award, you so deserve it!

And I didn't know Brittany Murphy used to sing?!!