Search This Blog

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Herb Crusted Tilapia

Did you think that because I said I was running out of ideas for tilapia last week that it would be a while before you saw another fish post? Well have no fear, I am back with a tasty number.  I saw this over on Pam's Midwest Kitchen Korner and immediately knew I had to try it!  This was fantastic!  I did change things just a bit, though.  I added chopped unsalted peanuts to the topping.  I had some that did not get used when I made my Grandma's Cherry Mash last month, so I figured, why not?  It's only going to add to the dish, that's for sure.  And did it... wonderfully, I might add.  So thanks Pam for the tasty new way to eat tilapia...this will definitely be working it's way on to our "favorites list"!

Herb Crusted Tilapia
Adapted from Pam's Midwest Kitchen Korner
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
4-6 tilapia fillets
3 Tablespoons Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon horseradish
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
1/4 cup crushed or chopped unsalted peanuts

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Spray a baking dish with non stick cooking spray.  Rinse the tilapia, pat dry with a paper towel, and place in prepared baking dish.

In a small bowl, mix together the Dijon, horseradish, onion powder, parsley, and thyme.  Spread the mixture evenly over the fillets.  Scatter the bread crumb/nut mixture evenly over each fillet.

Bake for 12 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with fork and topping is golden brown.  Enjoy!


One Year Ago:  Balsamic, Dijon & Garlic Chicken

7 comments:

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

Ooh I love the horseradish in this one!! The crunchy crust looks delicious. Nice photo, too, Jenn!

Jewels said...

That looks so delicious! I agree, the horseradish sounds fantastic for this, can't wait to try this one too!

Cranberry Morning said...

I love peanuts. I think that's a great addition, Jenn.

StephenC said...

I'd probably like to use pistacchios instead of peanuts, but I do like the sound of this. And I am nuts over horseradish.

Unknown said...

great idea on adding peanuts!

Pam said...

I bet adding the peanuts improved the flavor and texture - yum!

Angie's Recipes said...

Brilliant! I love that nutty crust.