Search This Blog

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Another Nut Topped Fish Recipe

I know you may be sick of fish recipes.  I know you may be done with fish topped with nut recipes.  I know you may even be giggling right now about how many fish tilapia recipes I actually post!!  I know all of this, yet I still felt compelled to post this recipe!  I believe the definition of insane is doing the same thing over and over again expecting to get different results???  Something like that... ANYWAY...I couldn't help myself.  I had almonds, I saw a recipe for almond topped fish, I got an idea.....

This is simple, reasonably healthy, and pretty darn delicious - Enough said!

Almond Tilapia
Printable Recipe 
Ingredients:
4 tilapia fillets
1/3 cup plain bread crumbs
1/3 cup slivered almonds, roughly chopped
2 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon Herbes de Provence
1/2 lemon
salt and pepper

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Rinse fillets and pat dry with a paper towel.  Squeeze the juice of 1/2 a lemon over all the pieces.  Season with salt and pepper and place in a baking dish that's been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.

In a small bowl, mix together bread crumbs, almonds, olive oil, pepper, garlic salt and Herbes de Provence.  Top each pieces of fish with mixture.  Bake for 12-14 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork and the topping is golden brown.  Enjoy!


One Year Ago:  Pan Seared Tilapia with White Bar-B-Q Sauce

11 comments:

Unknown said...

I happen to love them and know where to go when I am looking for fish ideas and inspiration! I also just picked up some Herbes de Provence!

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

Nut topped anything is yummy :) And yes I am LOLing about another tilapia dish LOL! You should rename your blog to Jenn's Tilapia Journey LOL :) Totally kidding!

PS this would be really yummy on some chicken and then cooked in cream. Oh so healthy LOL but good! Damn maybe I need to make that soon :)

Tricia said...

I NEVER get tired of fish recipes. :) thanks for sharing

Pam said...

I really need to try to cook more fish... this one looks wonderful.

Big Dude said...

I know you're running short on fish dishes, so now it's time to kick them up a notch by adding a fried egg and serving for breakfast. :-)

Mary Bergfeld said...

I love the almond topping, you've used here. The tilapia sounds delicious. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

Angie's Recipes said...

Not at all. I love fish and fish with a nutty topping is even better.

Unknown said...

Oh this seems like it would be great with that bonus crunch. Yum

Cranberry Morning said...

That looks great, and I love almonds, so it's even better! It's time we had a fish dinner.

Desi said...

Ha I did notice that you post alot of tilapia recipes, but a girl likes what she likes! And at least it is healthy! I have added a few of your tilapia recipes to my must try list ;)

Milenna Tolstoy said...

I never knew this could be done in fish recipes. I'll definitely try this one, thanks