Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Creamy Pesto Dip

I had some left over pesto and decided I wanted to make something I could dip things into.  That's right, I was in the dipping mood, not ashamed to admit it either!  I sat down and took stock of what I had...which wasn't a lot, but I had mayo (always) and I had sour cream...always a good combo for making dips (check out the caramelized french onion dip you'll never use lipton onion soup mix again), so I figured, why not add a little prepared pesto to it and be done?  Well, it worked like a charm!  This dip was just what I wanted.  We scooped it up with some pita chips and baby carrots.  It was the perfect afternoon snack!  Bring it to the next party you're invited to, people won't be able to pull themselves away from the bowl, I promise!

 

Creamy Pesto Dip
Ingredients:
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup sour cream
1/3 cup pesto
2 teaspoons lemon juice

Direction:
Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl.  Cover and refrigerator for at least 2 hours.  Serve with pita chips, baby carrots, peppers, or whatever vegetables/chips you choose!  Enjoy!

2 comments:

Andrea the Kitchen Witch said...

I heart dip :) Great idea to use up pesto!

Vicky said...

I love pesto so can only imagine how delicious this dip is!